Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Def Con

Does this happen to any of you?

I feel like we are walking on eggshells right now.  On borrowed time.  We are past the usual timespan between "episodes" (see previous post on "Superstitious" if you want to know why I'm using these terms...just a little stitious!!).

If he is quiet for too long...I tense up.  If he doesn't respond as quickly to questions...my stomach flips into a knot.  At night...strange sounding movements and I'm holding my breath, praying as I check on him.

We are hoping for the best.  Always are.  Hoping the last seizure truly was the LAST.  But, we can't help feeling like that his epilepsy is just sitting there, toying with us, amused every time we jump as fear washes over us.  We are always in a state of Def Con....ready to fight, ready for battle.  I can only hope that we are truly ready when (and IF) epilepsy decides to strike.


No comments:

Post a Comment